Friday, October 24, 2008

Vogue India

These pictures of Victoria Beckham from Vogue India are STUNNING! Growing up I always pictured having a white-dress wedding but as I got older I fell absolutely in love with sari's. I absolutely adore wearing saris and I think that there is no wrong body type for a sari. Short, tall, plump, or skinny every woman looks gorgeous in a sari! I will admit they are a little difficult to figure out and I myself haven't mastered the art just yet but I can do a much better job now then I could before!

Unlike these pictures of Victoria I thought these others that were printed in the August issue were very distasteful.


Don't get me wrong I normally love images like this because this is the heart of India. It is a heartbreaking reality to face when you see a gorgeous mall in Bombay and right across the street people living in slums and using card board to construct their homes. But if you look a little closer that baby is wearing a Fendi bib and the man is carrying a Burberry umbrella. There are days when these people may not even have money for food let alone EVER afford a Fendi bib. During Monsoon the best roof that they may have would be a plastic garbage bag so forget an umbrella. The middle class is not so large in India and most are either wealthy or incredibly poor and resort to sending their children out amidst traffic to beg in the streets. So while I do believe the images of the people truly are beautiful posing them with something that costs more then they will ever have makes my stomach turn.

2 comments:

Mango Gal said...

That Vogue cover is absolutely stunning, I agree with you about the saris, I've always loved how colorful they are.

On a sad note, the poverty is really heartbreaking. :-(

Sarah Ring said...

While these images are gorgeous, I agree with you completely about the unthoughtfulness of them putting a Fendi bib on that baby. It just seems inconsiderate. Ignorant may be...

Thank you for sharing these.