Thursday, October 30, 2008

Good Morning? Not so Much....

I am NOT a morning person, most mornings I have to DRAG myself out of bed after having hit my snooze button a million times. I don't even have to get up that early 7:00 AM is a piece of cake compared to some but I just can't seem to do it, especially now when it's SO cold out and my bed is so nice and warm! Jay is not so appreciative of the fact that my alarm clock goes off every 8 minutes for half an hour because he is a morning person.
I guess hearing my cell phone go off that many times in the morning is a little obnoxious so I thought I'd check out some different alarm clocks. I don't know if these would help or if I'd just get frustrated and unplug or just let it ring!


The FLYING Alarm clock: In order to get this baby to shut off you have to get up and find where the propeller landed with the key needed to turn off the alarm clock. This sounds like an interesting concept except I am not so smart in the morning and would probably knock myself into 10 things trying to find it. Plus according to one of the reviews when the guy placed it on his nightstand the propeller would always fly off and hit his wife in the face! Somehow I think an alarm going off 5 times is a lot better then getting hit in the face with a propeller!

The Clocky Mobile Alarm Clock (in Aqua because it's pretty): This looks a little less harmful but I still think I would probably end up with a few bruises trying to chase after it in the morning. Like I said before I am not the brightest crayon in the box in the morning! Case in point instead of saying good bye this morning when I left I said good night!
The Purple Iwake Clock Radio for your Ipod: It's PURPLE how can I resist? But I much prefer waking up to an annoying beeping then loud Hindi music so maybe I'll have to download some classical to help ease the pain :)
The Moonbeam: Love the old school 1950's look and that it starts of with a blinking light first so the person next to you doesn't wake up. If you don't respond to the blinking light well then of course the alarm goes off!




The Monkey Wacky Wakers: Yes it actually plays a monkey sound to wake you up in the morning! If you don't believe me click on the link and check it out!

Do you guys have any tips for getting yourself put of bed in the mornings??

3 comments:

Sarah Ring said...

I love the moon beam one! That flying thing would scare the crap outta me in the morning!! Haha!!

Mango Gal said...

My husband is in charge of waking us up on time, I'm completely useless in the morning.
That moonbeam one is really pretty, and doesn't sound as obtrusive as the flying one or the one that you have to chase around.

Aartee said...

Yeah I don't think any of these but maybe the ipod one or the moonbeam would work for me....but I thought the others were too funny! I can't stop laughing at the thought of that propellor flying around the room and landing on that guys wife's face :)