Friday, October 17, 2008

Mish Mosh

So over the last few days I've been seeing a few posts on different blogs inspired by cardigans....As everyone who knows me is aware I am ALWAYS dressed in layers simply because I am always cold....And I'm talking a tank top, a long sleeved tee, a sweater, and then my jacket kind of layers....In fact I taught all my college roommates "I am thundi" (thundi means cold in our language) which later morphed into "It's Mad thundi son!" Anyhow I decided to check out forever 21.com and immediately fell in like with this sweater.....

I am always on the look out for pieces that I can pull off at a family get together that are a little different but still have that Indian look to them....especially in the winter when you don't want to wear the thin chiffon tops over jeans or even worse the light cotton outfits where you are freezing from head to toe! I think this would be super cute over a pair of jeans with some traditional earrings and knee length boots! It also comes in black if you are interested :) I didn't post more because there are cute cardigans all over the blog world at Mango Girl, Cupcakes and Cashmere, and Newlywedisms by Bryn.

Speaking of get togethers all the couples in Jay's friend group always do a get together to celebrate Diwali (our version of Christmas). This year everyone will be getting together at our house so I am excited to add some homey touches to our other wise empty walls. So after a trip to Ikea I will be taking on this DIY project posted over at Bryn's Newlywedisms for our sitting room wall. I want to fill it with shots from the wedding so that everyone can enjoy them, do you guys feel wedding pictures are too personal to put on the walls of your sitting room? I think it's a nice way to make people feel at home with pictures of the family on display. What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

Mango Gal said...

I love that sweater! So pretty!

Sarah Ring said...

You MUST post pics of your art wall! Can't wait to see your creative tiwst on it!