Monday, December 1, 2008

World Aids Day


According to UNAIDS there are around 33.2 Million people living with AIDS and this includes about 2.5 million children. I'm sure many of you remember this post on Product (red) a charity set up by Bono to raise money and awareness for AIDS in Africa. Well the latest company to get involved is Starbucks and I can't help but wonder if this has anything to do with the following:Anyhow if you purchase any of these 3 holiday drinks 5 cents will be donated to Product (Red) and today since it is World Aids Day there will be 5 cents donated for every beverage purchased.




Espresso Truffle


Gingersnap Latte


Peppermint Mocha Twist (this one sounds SO good!)

While I think it's great they are making an effort and I definitely wouldn't mind some yummy coffee I feel like if I am purchasing it to support funding for AIDS programs I might as well just donate the 4 dollars and call it a day as opposed to just 5 cents. I am sure that they will raise a lot and like I said it's awesome that they are joining forces with Product (Red) but if it's really something that matters to you then it seems a little silly! What do you guys think?

For more information check this out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it any of those 3 drinks everyday? Because I could have a gingersnap latte everyday!!!! Or was it just 5 cents on Monday? I hope it's everyday because it will add up quickly.