Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Moment of Silence....


For all of those who lost their lives in the tragedy seven years ago today....I was in high school at the time far away from NY and remember being shell shocked as we watched the attack unfold on television. The very thought that someone would purposely do something that would harm so many was unthinkable. I clearly had a lot of growing up to do....
Now looking back on it, it seems like a very distant memory but the repercussions for our country have been lasting. Just recently my husband told me that he and his family were in NY at the time and faced that hysteria head on, thankfully they are all alive and well. But I imagine if just the thought that anyone of them would not be with us today causes me so much anguish then for those that lost someone the pain must have been and must still be unthinkable. So in honor of those who didn't survive that day, those who were just going about their work, those who were out sightseeing, those that fought and rescued survivors, and those that were on those two fatal planes....Let's have a moment of silence.

No comments: