Friday, September 12, 2008

Happy Birthday!!!

Happy Birthday to my uncle who spent our entire childhood terrorizing us! We definitely wouldn't be as wacky as we are if we didn't have your example to follow! Although I do take comfort in the fact that you terrorize your own kid just as much as you did us if not more!!

A few months ago around fathers day I found these playing card tins that looked like a remote control, the back of the playing cards inside also had the same remote control image. The first time I looked at it I thought it was cute but I couldn't think of anything to use it for. A day or two later inspiration struck. I decided it would be perfect for a mini book with the front being "Dad you can't control everything in life". I decided a photo strip would work better so without further ado....



The last two pics say "but at least you can control the remote" and "OK maybe NOT!!" right on a picture of my cousin holding the remote with a sneaky smile on his face! Here's a close up of some of the details....(I had to remove one of the closer up pictures)


And finally the cute little tin that held the photo strip...I figured this way he had the option of either keeping it in the tin or hanging it up. I thought it came out pretty cute and my cousin was thrilled to rub it in his dads face that he controls the remote!! So I'm sure this has started many more battles in their house!! I am sooooo glad it's Friday :)

No comments: