I thought it would be fun to get my aunt one of the Vera Bradley Baby bags, you know considering she is actually having a baby! I had her take a look and she's narrowed it down to two and told me to surprise her..... Help me choose please?? I am so bad with deciding things like this! I am strongly leaning to the Yellow Bird because the pattern just seems so fun and whimsical but I think the Caffe Latte is more neutral...truth be told I'm just not a huge fan of brown for some reason...What do you guys think?
So lovely blog readers in just over a week I will be headed to India for not one but two weddings! Incase you were wondering it is INCREDIBLY hot right now and well I don't think my hair will react so nicely to it! See this is how I normally wear my hair: and this is what my hair actually wants to do (with the help of some leave in conditioner and gel...otherwise it's a mess!) So I'm packing the hair straighter but don't know if it will be able to work it's magic in that humidity so I am looking for some simple hair styles...perfect for on the go to make life easier admist all the chaos!
I am still loving the braids: and the twisty's: and this side ponytail: I'm also looking into some fun floral hair pins to glam up an updo because if all else fails that is what I will resort to!
Not my normal style but something about this jacket/cape is screaming my name...and the best part it's only $11.24 at Target! Thanks to this great blog which has some fabulous finds all under $20....http://stuffundertwenty.blogspot.com/ Check it out!
So in search of the perfect traveling bag I stopped in at the Crabtree & Evelyn at our local mall. I wanted to check out their selection of Vera Bradley bags and see if I could find something large enough and on sale for a 22 hour flight! I browsed through everything they had but I'm fussy when it comes to bags and I didn't find anything I like until I saw this! It was the perfect size, it passed the elbow test and it wasn't heavy like the U.S. Luggage bag I normally travel with and even better it was on sale! I opened it up to check out pockets and such inside and I there was a little surprise inside...Can you guess what it was?? A diaper changing pad!!! Yep the bag I had picked out was actually a baby bag!!! But in my defense it doesn't look like one does it?? So I put it back disappointed and left the store. I looked around for some more options this was the only one I liked. I'm really bad like that once I've seen something I like NOTHING else seems to compare or measure up :( So I'm now the owner of one Vera Bradley Baby Bag....does anyone need a changing pad???
Ok so I know I owe two other people tags before this one but after the rough week at work and the tough times we are all facing I think this one is only fitting. I promise to get to the other two ASAP though! Mango Gal tagged me to list 6 things that make me smile so in no particular order here we go!
6. Photography: I love looking at pictures just as much as I love taking them and there is no way to describe the amazing feeling you get when you capture just the right shot! 5. Dessert: I adore sweets and will always eat a little less dinner so that I have room...Cupcakes, brownies, cheese cake I love them all! 4. A good hair day: This one is a little vain I know but I spent 17 years of my life terrorized by frizzy curls and a never ending bad hair day. I love my hair straightener and nothing makes me feel more confident then having a good hair day!
3. Scrapbooking: I think this one goes back to how much I love pictures, once I finish scrapbooking an album I love going back and looking at all the special memories. I also love the thought of sharing them with our kids one day.
2. Little kids: Whether it's a baby or a toddler I'm such a sucker for kids and by the end of an evening you will more then likely find at least one on my lap. I am not planning to have any kids anytime soon but I am thoroughly excited at the thought of being a mommy some day! (This is the husband with our nephews but I really love this shot)
1. My friends and family: Seriously I don't know what I would do without them! Although my family can be a little crazy at times I love and adore them and they keep me smiling!
Work has had me feeling a lot like this and today things just got worse. I know I should be thankfull I have a job but at this rate I won't have anymore hair!! Although there was this in the coffee room: I just had no words...It's been sitting there for two days now...My apologies for being a bad blogger I know I have a few tags to catch up on and I have some fun stuff in store for next week...So hang in there please? oh and TGIF!
I know it's been ages since I've posted anything crafty on here but I do have a few things in the works I promise! I just wanted to share this sweet deal from www.peachycheap.com.... How fun is that kit?? The price is even better so hurry over and order one before they are all gone!
So it looks like the India trip in March is happening and I thought I would check out some fun carry all totes for the plane...It's a long flight people I need entertainment! I was browsing the Vera Bradley website yesterday and my two favorite patterns are retired?? How cute are these pink elephants?
and I adore this scarf... all that is left is this wristlet and the elephants aren't as prominent on it! So I picked something else the Capri Blue Love the fun colors including purple! But guess what this retired in January 2007 along with the elephants?? WHY?? Does anyone know where I can get my hands on either of these??
So I was very dissapointed last night that Gossip Girl wasn't new...not that I would have watched it because I was busy watching the President but that is what DVR is for!! Anyhow as if I wasn't giddy enough about spending the day with the hubby wondering around NY last Saturday...Last weeks episode made it even better....Confused?? See for yourself! See this bench in the park where Blair was serving her detention? It looks kind of familiar! My favorite part of those benches was seeing the quotes or the dedications...I loved this quote: The husband liked this one: Oh and check out that pretty bridge behind Serena... Clearly this scene was filmed a while ago because it is now decorated with snow! Well at least I know if I was part of the Gossip Girl world I would be one of the cool kids.... Or maybe Blair would take me down for having a red jacket too??
I just did the questions she did so that's why the numbering is off :)
2. Where is your significant other? At work...where else would he be on a Monday??
3. Your hair color? REALLY dark brown that looks black...the only time you can see the real color is in the light and it has strands of orange and even blonde! I also have one singular white hair that I've had for like 3 years now...
6. Your favorite thing? Photography....I love the feeling I get when I capture something just right!
7. Your dream last night? I don't remember having a dream although much like K after I was done with my last finals for college I kept having dreams that I registered for a class and forgot to attend so I wouldn't graduate!
8. Your goal? Do it now...I'm the number one procrastinator!
11. Your fear? Being alone.
12. Where do you want to be in six years? Settled and hopefully have a few kiddos in the mix....
13. Where were you last night? At home watching Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters while working on a few fun projects...
14. What you are not? Confrontational...I hate fighting and will almost always give in even if I am right...
15. One of your wish list items? A vacation with the hubby...and a pretty new camera :)
16. Where you grew up? Charlotte, NC
18. What you are wearing? Nothing exciting Grey dress pants from the limited and a pink and blue striped shirt I got on clearance at Old Navy yesterday...
21. Your computer? Work computer :)
22. Your mood? Blah...it's Monday need I say more?
26. Favorite story? There are too many to list but I'll stick to Harry Potter for this....
27. Your Summer? isn't planned yet...but we will be celebrating a 1 year anniversary!
28. Love someone? Several someones
29. Your favorite color? Purple
30. When was the last time you laughed? Last night the hubby is so funny when he falls asleep but insists he's awake...
Because I can't post without a picture here is one of my fun pictures from Saturday...More on that later :)Right now I want to post about some give aways For all you ladies that still visited while I was under the weather...here are a few fun give aways so if you haven't entered go now!
This one on the Blue Eyed Brides blog and another on the Mojito Mavens blog. These are both great give aways for Valentines which is right around the corner....Does anyone have any fun plans??
Here's my ammunition to get through the day today! I've only sneezed 10 bajillion times and breathing is slightly difficult with a stuffy nose...Work is a little slower today so I'm gong to play catch up and on the work front and then later on the blog front! Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday!
Monday was an insane day at work...and I woke up miserable yesterday with a soar throat and non stop coughs so I made the mistake of calling out sick. Now I am SLAMMED so sorry dear readers all I have for you right now is this: Do you remember these guys? Weren't they so awesome? Hopefully I'll be back to update later...wish me luck!