Thursday, June 11, 2009

Recipe Share


Since yesterday was so yucky I knew the one thing that would fix it would be something yummy for dinner...I hheaded to the grocery store to pic up the ingrediants for spinach and artichoke dip YUMMY! I had my FEED bag and everything to have the groceries bagged in and of course the bagger wasn't paying attention and bagged them in plastic anyhow....Let me just say this recipe was so delicious...the highlight of my day yesterday was when one of my cutie pie nephews said "this dip is as yummy as Applebees!!!" while he was digging in :) The base recipe I used is this one but I added a few little twists.

2 cups parmesan cheese
1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
2/3 cup sour cream (I used lite to be a little health conscious)
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
1/3 cup mayonnaise (Lite again)
2 teaspoons garlic, minced (I increased this to 4 because well garlic is yummy although you still didn't taste it that much)

My additions:
I added salt to taste, ground black pepper, and then some crushed red pepper flakes just cause we like to have that little kick!

Mix everything all together and bake in the oven at 375 degrees, the recipe said to leave it in there for 20-30 minutes but I left it in for 35 and could have left it a little longer cause I like it all brown on top.

P.S. The picture above isn't mine...I took one but forgot to load it before I left the house this morning :) It's from www.realsimple.com

P.P.S Anyone have a really good bruschetta recipe?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm That sounds DELICIOUS!
And yay for vegetarian recipe's :) I'm definitely going to try that one day when I have some time. I still have to try the brownie thing too!

TheBeautyFile said...

oh totally yum....Giada makes a good one & also Barefoot Contessa...check out foodnetwork.com!

Eli said...

looks amazing, I love artichokes.

Linda Lu said...

It sounds delish and it looks easy enough for me to make. I'll definitely try it sometime. I'll probably make some for the people at my internship if all goes well. LOL

paula said...

looks so delicious!

Unknown said...

I love love love this dip. I also try to sometimes mix the cheeses...I like it with manchego. mmmmmm.....
have a great weekend!

Lisi said...

Thanks so much! SO sweet, I am honored to be your blog buddy! I am SO overdue on passing out awards...next week I will designate to giving out awards...The Beauty File: Awards Week...lol

Haven and Home said...

Oh that sounds good. My husband and I are actually trying to think of what to make tonight and I might try this.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

And I'm starving now!!