Friday, April 3, 2009

It's raining it's pouring....

I've always loved rainy days...they are perfection for snuggling into bed with a good book or staying in your sweats and working on a project. I sleep better when it's raining at night ans something about the rain has always seemed romantic to me.

My rainy day look for being out and about not so romantic....See I'm not an umbrella girl. Despite talking myself into buying a pretty purple one with an "A" on it I still hardly use it.

Umbrellas always look so pretty in pictures but I never know what to do with the drenched umbrella when I get to where I need to be. Do I leave it sopping wet and dripping in the corner of my cubicle or stow it away under my desk? Plus I can be so clumsy sometimes I might just manage to take my eye out with one of those pokey things!

So normally I resort to the following:

Either a hooded sweatshirt under a normal jacket or my jacket with a hood...Kind of makes me look like I might rob a bank.

But lately rainy days mean a cute top, a sweet jacket, and a pretty scarf ala Jackie-O to keep my straightened cannot touch water or will get frizzy hair perfect.

Doesn't she look so elegant? Yeah I don't think I look like that but it's better then robbing a bank right???

Here's a modern twist...Gotta love Blair Waldorf!

P.S. Happy Friday to everyone...Photos from here, here, here, and here. Sorry for the silly post...

2 comments:

dee said...

Jackie O was the epitome of style...I mean, who looks good in the rain?! I always struggle with what to wear in rainy weather and usually end up with a dress and galoshes, because nothing is more uncomfortable than wet jeans!

kadler said...

Omg, I totally agree. I keep buying stupid umbrellas and never using them. Instead, I just look like a drowned chicken. O, Jackie O, how did you do it??