Thursday, January 29, 2009

Enough Already....


I have heard and read about Jessica Simpson's weight gain like a bajillion times over the last few days. US Magazine's current top story is "Singer Jessica Simpson Steps Out Amidst Weight Gain Scandal" A SCANDAL really that is a SCANDAL for someone to put on a few pounds?? Honestly is it really that important? She's happy so what does it matter what all the rest of us think? This is exactly what causes women to have such weight issues and feel so crappy when they put on even the littlest bit of weight. I won't lie I most definitely watch what I eat and have been known to get a little upset when the scale says I've gained a few pounds or to analyze EVERY calorie I eat throughout the day. It doesn't help though that when you see someone after a month or two and you're just recently engaged the first thing you say is "oh you've put on weight". Not that I didn't know I had but how about a congratulations?? Alright I'll get off my soap box now...what do the rest of you think on this issue? Do you feel like there is added pressure on women when it comes to weight? Are you tired of Jessica Simpson's weight gain being a "major" news story?

Photo from www.people.com

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

I couldn't agree more. I love me some gossip blogs, I really do. But seriously!

She's probably still a size freakin 4! lol

Jen said...

I 150% agree with you. I blogged about this yesterday. Its is out of control. She is healthy and beautiful and people need to get real.

Jay Ferris said...

Maybe she just got stung by a bee. Or 50 of them.

Sarah Ring said...

Ha - agreed with Lindsey!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

People need to LET IT GO. No wonder so many people have eating disorders when they complain that SHE is overweight. Whatevs.