Friday, May 29, 2009

Photo Friday: Flowers in my hair

You guys might remember this post from right before I went to India. I was debating on getting/making a few flowers for my hair to go with the sari's I was going to wear....I never got around to sharing with you what the final decisions were because that week was crazy but now I have some pictures to share! (I felt a little silly asking people to take pictures of the back of my head so I had to wait till other people sent me theirs and hope the caught my flowers!)

Day 1:
I wore this green and pink chania choli one of my absolute favorite outfits!

I tied my hair in a pony tail leaving some front pieces out. I used those fun pieces to create twisties that I pinned in place and then used the rest of the hair to wrap around my ponytail. I wore a green flower attached next to the ponytail.

The flower is from Target but I couldn't find a link to it...It's very similar to this one from Forever 21 but it didn't have a ponytail holder on it.

Day 2:
This gorgeous Blue and Silver sari for wedding number 1 where we danced in the streets :) SO Much fun! (Somehow my mom, grandmother, aunt, and I all ended up wearing blue)

I just pinned back my hair on one side and attached the flower, which was blue rose with a blue glitter on the edges of it. This was from Claire's and again no link :(

Day 4:
Wedding number two...I LOVE this sari and this picture totally doesn't do it justice.
My mom and I took a little creative liberty on this one and we picked out a flower from Micheals that worked, her floral department manager glued it to a hair pin for me and some shimmer gold mist on it, I was a little worried because this was a bigger flower but I think it looked fun! (I gave away my blue flower to this sweet little girl who was a permanent attachment to me from Day 1 I think she looks much cuter in it!)


I also had a peacock feather which was really pretty but I didn't get a picture of that one! Happy Friday to everyone :)

15 comments:

Sarah Danielle: Jeune Marie said...

Ok the picture of you all in blue is so sweet - you need to frame that (in a blue frame!!). :)

Tara Gibson said...

gorgeous pics girl!

Gwen said...

You are so beautiful!!! I love all three!!! XOXO

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Wow just beautiful! I hope you have a great weekend!

I have an slight obession with peacocks as well. I must know where did you get that scarf from a couple of posts below?

foreigndesi said...

I'm so jealous that you can do so much fun stuff with your hair! I have an afro, regardless of the weather :P

I loveee the blue Saree!

I have a saree really similar to the third one, except mine is maroon.

Priti said...

Aartee u should picture baa nanima me n u in our blue here we were in blue again

TheBeautyFile said...

Those flowers and saris are all so pretty!

Chessa! said...

all I have to say that is you are so beautiful! And, I'd love to go to India one day...

Piper Jacquelyn said...

You are TOO gorgeous! And I love the big flower at the end, so pretty.

K @ Blog Goggles said...

You look so gorgeous in all of these pictures! And I love your saris. The flowers are the perfect compliments :)

Haven and Home said...

Wow those are beautiful pictures!

Little House on Green said...

You look just lovely in these pictures! You wear the flower well, love it!

Sweet Nothings said...

I LOVE wearing flowers in my hair! :)

paula said...

oh my, you look stunning!

candace said...

How pretty! Great photos :)

http://candacerose.typepad.com